Cowboy Boots and Kilts Update
This an urgent notice to any members who were planning on attending this event in San Antonio, April 2020. Details are below:
Dear Clan members,
It is with deepest regret that we are informing you of our decision to cancel the Kilts and Cowboy Boots Clan Gathering in San Antonio Texas, April 3, 4 & 5, 2020.
Our decision came after learning that the Mayor of San Antonio Mayor, Ron Nirenberg, had declared a public health emergency Monday, March 2, due to the Corona Virus infection. Although spread of this virus has been very limited, it is also in the public interest that we take this step to limit further spread.
All pre-paid registrations for this event and tours will automatically be refunded from Clan Colquhoun International Society. All refunds will be submitted to the same credit card you registered with. For refunds regarding travel or lodging, please contact your provider directly.
We want to thank the Chieftains of Clan Colquhoun, Clan Gregor, and Clan McFarlane for their willingness to participate in this first ever Multi Clan Gathering! Our hope is to revisit this idea in the near future once things have normalized with this virus.
Again, it is with great regret that we make this decision, but our number one priority is the safety and protection of all Clan members.
2020 GATHERING dates and location announced. October 16 – October 17, 2020. To be held in Washington, DC. This will be a mini-Gathering. Check back for more details as they are finalized.
- Log into Members Only to read latest Ardcoille Winter 2019
- 2020 Scholarship Applications Due: April 1, 2020
- North American Academy of Piping and Drumming Scholarship
- ACGS Members in the News (Scottish Banner)
- Searching for Web Developer (Non-Paid) must be ACGS member in good standing.
- Searching for a treasurer, also unpaid, who must be a member of ACGS in good standing. The complete description of the position is here.
The American Clan Gregor Society, Inc is a genealogy-based charitable organization whose members consist primarily of lineal descendants of MacGregors who emigrated from Scotland to America prior to 1870. It was organized in 1909, making it one of the oldest Scottish clan societies in the United States.
The objectives of our Society are:
- To gather Gregors, MacGregors, together in clanship.
- To promote, foster and collect patriotic, historical and genealogical records for compilation, publication and addition to the History of the American descendants of the Clan Gregor of Scotland.
- To aid descendants within the Clan Gregor.
We strive to meet our objectives through a number of methods. The Society collects and stores genealogical information on members for purposes of genealogical research by members and scholars at the Langsdale Library at the University of Baltimore. Other methods are the annual Gatherings, a newsletter, year book, awarding of multiple educational scholarships annually and recently the addition of a scholarship for piping at Valle Crucis, North Carolina.
The production of a highly informative newsletter by our newsletter editor has turned this into an easily readable, visually stimulating and highly informative publication. Below, and to whet the appetite, is the first page of our current newsletter.
American Clan Gregor Society, Inc is a proud member of COSCA (Council Of Scottish Clans and Associations)