THE 2020 GATHERING HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
CLICK FOR DETAILS
- Log into Members Only to read latest Ardcoille Spring 2020
- Members if we don’t have your current email, and you aren’t receiving member news please send your most current email to email@example.com and our webmaster will make sure your user profile is updated so you start receiving these email communications.
- To Renew Your Membership sign into your member account, using your current email address. Click Here logging into your account allows you to update any information you need to: email, address, telephone number etc. below your profile information you will see where you can check on the current status of your membership and if you need to pay your dues, you can take care of it right there. If nothing needs to be changed, or paid, click save and you will then be redirected to the members only area.
- Searching for a Treasurer, also unpaid, who must be a member of ACGS in good standing. The complete description of the position is here.
The American Clan Gregor Society, Inc is a genealogy-based charitable organization whose members consist primarily of lineal descendants of MacGregors who emigrated from Scotland to America prior to 1870. It was organized in 1909, making it one of the oldest Scottish clan societies in the United States.
The objectives of our Society are:
- To gather Gregors, MacGregors, together in clanship.
- To promote, foster and collect patriotic, historical and genealogical records for compilation, publication and addition to the History of the American descendants of the Clan Gregor of Scotland.
- To aid descendants within the Clan Gregor.
We strive to meet our objectives through a number of methods. The Society collects and stores genealogical information on members for purposes of genealogical research by members and scholars at the Langsdale Library at the University of Baltimore. Other methods are the annual Gatherings, a newsletter, year book, awarding of multiple educational scholarships annually and recently the addition of a scholarship for piping at Valle Crucis, North Carolina.
The production of a highly informative newsletter by our newsletter editor has turned this into an easily readable, visually stimulating and highly informative publication. Below, and to whet the appetite, is the first page of our current newsletter.
American Clan Gregor Society, Inc is a proud member of COSCA (Council Of Scottish Clans and Associations)